Monday 4 May 2015

Jackson and Rye

Sorry Mr Jackson


Jackson and Rye, photo from management

Jackson and Rye, a modern American diner concept is right at the heart of Soho on Wardour Street. It serves a range of items you would find in your typical diner such as steaks and burgers with a good selection of American whiskies. London lacked a high level American diner and I was wondering if Jackson and Rye could fill the gap. After a long day at work, I popped in for a quick dinner but sadly it was one of those meals that is best forgotten. 



steak and egg
mac and cheese
rib eye with chips
overcooked....

My rib eye steak, was served medium instead of medium rare as I requested, it lacked seasoning and the quality of the meat was very questionable. It was hardly tender at all and the meaty flavour you would expect from an aged cut of meat was missing, at £18.95, I was really hoping for something a lot better considering you can get quality steak elsewhere such as Flat Iron which is just down the road. The baked mac and cheese was also far from ideal, the cheese was only piled on the top and was completely separate from the macaroni, it seems like a lack of attention to detail from the kitchen. To sum it up, it was far too expensive for what I had on the night and quality wise it was not too different to my local Weatherspoons so I see no reason why I should ever return in the future.  



Food 1/5


What I paid: 

£23pp

Average cost without drinks and services:

£25pp

56 Wardour Street, Soho, London W1D 4JF


http://www.jacksonrye.com/


Jackson & Rye on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment