Tuesday 9 February 2016

The Grill on the Market

Smithfield Steak house


The Grill on the Market

The Grill on the Market is a steak restaurant within Smithfield, right opposite to the famous market. London is now full of top notch steak houses, so I was wondering what can The Grill can offer as cost wise is pretty premium. It is part of the Blackhouse group, with 8 steak houses across the UK. I must admit I was not expecting much from its starter offering, but the mackerel was a lot better than I anticipated, the saltiness was spot on as was the crispy skin, even the gem salad and pickled vegetables was finely presented. 



mackerel
fajitas
T Bone steak

However the main show of the T Bone steak was rather weak, seasoning was very underwhelming, as was the actual flavours which lacked any real meaty flavours. The fillet part was decent at best while the sirloin part was served pink, but still tasted fairly chewy, which show the quality of the cut is not quite up there with the very best. I took up the advantage of the 50% off winter offer, for me it wasn't really worth it if I had to pay the full price, there are simply many better steak joints out there in London at the similar price tag.


Food 2.5/5

What I paid: 

£28 per head with a beer 

Average cost without drinks and services:

£30

2-3 W Smithfield, London EC1A 9JX


http://blackhouse.uk.com/london


The Grill On The Market Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment: