Saturday 12 March 2016

Honest Burger Covent Garden

Going too fast?


The Rib Man burger

Honest Burger has always been my no1 burger joint since when I have tried for the first time back in 2013 when it only had 2 outlets, now 10 plus strong with many more on the ways, the management expects to hit the 20 marks by the end of 2016, Honest Burger really has taken off as a business. Who could have imagined a humble burger van can turn into a multi million pound operation? Byron has done it, Meat Liquor is well on the way and now Honest Burger is right up there too.

Hot wings
The Rib Man burger
Cheese Burger

The dangerous of fast expanding, of course, is the risk of losing focus and attention to detail. I had the monthly special, the Rib Man burger, and it was just not the same level as I was hoping for, the rib was rather dry and lacked seasoning, and the patty was just lukewarm and I wonder how long it has been left in the kitchen for. While the bun and the legendary rosemary chips were still as good as ever, the meats were a real let down. I am not bothered if it is an independent restaurant or somewhere that is backed by an investment firm, as long as the cooking is great and justified its price tag. Sadly the new Convent Garden Honest Burger brunch did not lived up to my expectation this time around.


Food 1.5/5

What I paid: 

£16 per head

Average cost without drinks and services:

£11


33 Southampton Street, Covent Garden, London


http://www.honestburgers.co.uk/


Honest Burger Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment